Education based on theory and practice, (50%-50% in time)
• How to use computer or how to keep records and internship and practical assignments General knowledge and specific skills (70%-30% in time)
• Promotion using modern media, saving classes, how to calculate price of your products, contracts & negotiation, and special classes for those who need it, such as bakery, learning how to feed cows/pigs and chicken, or greenhouse farming for who have or will start this kind of business.
Individual based and groups based (80%-20% in time)
• Most of the time the students follow classes with 8- 25 people, but market research and practical assignments and action plans making are only applicable for one at the time. We guide them individually through this process.
• Coaching and monitoring during 2 years after start up or expanding business. This is done through visits and we are in the process to develop an online tool for that with our new partner L-ift.
With help of two Dutch volunteers we made a new curriculum, which is student based and has a lot of practical elements in it.
The curriculum consists of the following topics:
- General introduction on entrepreneurship and business
- Personal growth
- Marketing (Product, Person, Price, Place, Promotion)
- Financial Management (Cost, Cost Reduction, Setting your Prices, Break Even analyses, Record Keeping)
- ICT (Computer Skills, Internet and Excel)
- Skills (Personal Skills, Business Ethics, Rules & Regulations, Risk Management, Time Management, Problem Solving, Behavior Change)
- For start ups: Generate a business idea
- For business groups: Functioning as a group, organization, leadership and membership relations, communication, elections & business group management
- For expanding businesses: Business chains, Improving and expanding